UN Global Compact principles covered:
Principle 1: Business should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
Principle 2: Business should ensure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
Our values define who we are, with a code of conduct that guides us in achieving the standards set for our business through respect and support for human rights.
A brief description of our Processes or Systems
We ensure that human rights are at all times adhered to
Activities implemented in the last year
- It is our responsibility as an organization to support a successful and sustainable society through giving quality and credible services.
- Any form of bribery is highly prohibited. No reports are altered under any circumstance, we have
highly automated systems that ensures no illegal alterations are made as well as a team of well
Trained and disciplined staff.
- No external factor outlaws the ethics, integrity and reputation of PLK which is geared towards
- Providing quality services to anyone who walks to our facilities.
- We are very keen on the wellbeing of our staff who are given the necessary vaccinations before starting work. An example of this is the Hepatitis B vaccine among others and also health checks.
- The company has also ensured all its employees and their dependents have a medical cover.
- The employees are also given frequent trainings on first aid as well as other emergencies like fire.
- At PLK, employees are allowed to express themselves in terms of their religious beliefs and necessary support is provided.
- There are guidelines to ensure fair resolution of disputes
- Manuals have been made available to all staff on sexual harassment
- PLK has various fee schedules catering for both high end clientele and the low income earning
- There is a code of conduct enforcing employee integrity
- Zero tolerance to child labor
Measurement of outcomes and value added for our company
- We ensure that our clients both internal and external have their right of expression
- We have questionnaires that are accessible at our reception areas
- We have hotlines where our clients or anyone can call and get assisted
- We also have suggestion boxes and all these are reviewed and implemented accordingly.
Through these suggestions we are able to measure the outcome.
Activities planned for next year
- Pathologists Lancet Kenya plans to keep upholding its mission of quality service for the benefit of the community at large.
- PLK has also been expanding, opening its doors to various counties to ensure that our services are available and accessible to all.